Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uniform safety issues

recently in my state a mechanic was nearly strangled when getting a trouble call from in a 82/70 he was wearing a t-shirt and they concluded that if he was wearing a button up shirt the buttons would have ripped open stopping him from his near fatality my centre has a2 machines now it is compulsory for all mechanics to wear button up shirts .how many times do you have to tell mechanics to switch off machines before attepting a call then we wouldnt need such regulations . can anyone give me some other examples of whats gone wrong in there centres......

Re: uniform safety issues

Do you know exactly what the guy was doing when he was almost strangled. I can't imagine what it would be. If he was actually inside the machine then it should have been turned off, but just fixing a pin jam, or getting a ball call? I don't see how that could happen if he was following safety procedures.
    Give me a hammer and some duct tape and I can fix it!

Comment

Re: uniform safety issues

apparently he was leaning in thru the back of the machine and the collar of his shirt was caught by a "nail" which was used in place of the roll pin where the drive shaft connects to the distributor. because the shirt was a polyester type material it did not rip and so started to choke him.
      i have just started at a new centre and they have large "r" clips fitted to the shaft on the odd machines to make it easier to service the clutch.
      it will always be a problem area as we all know if tou have a roll pin fitted then there is the chance of bending the shaft as you remove and refit them each service. i think that a 3/16 shcs with a 1" shoulder and cut to allow just enough thread for the nut to be fitted is far better. it will run fairly flush to the u.j. without protruding points to get snagged on.
      of course you should not enter the machine with it on should we!

len.
      Regards,

Len.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X