Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half scale Brunswick B-10 pinsetter

Hey folks,

I just found on YouTube that someone makes a Brunswick type B-10 pinsetter 1/2 scale. It is really cool!! Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJriPRs51EI

Check it out. I wonder how much they cost? And if they are easy to install on an existing lane?
    Anyone interested in getting one? I asked on one of the videos where he got it from, awaiting a reply....
    --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Re: Half scale Brunswick B-10 pinsetter

Interesting. I'll have to check it out when I get home from work. I wonder if he is going to manufacture them. I wonder about patent infringements, etc. It should be interesting.

Comment

I don't think there would be any patent infringements since Brunswick no longer makes them anymore. Also I think patents expire after 20 years??
      --- SteveJT66

Comment

Very nice and professionally built.

Comment

Yes, I'll have to inquire about one....just incase mine wears out!!
          --- SteveJT66

Comment

I'm still pressing on with mine. I'm more driven to design and build a pinsetter than having an existing one. For many years I have had ideas of making one that incorporates many of my own designs and can be built in stages.

Comment

Cool!! Anytime u want to share pics of what you are doing, just e-mail me..... at : [email protected]

I always welcome pics of these projects!!!
              --- SteveJT66

Comment

Will do !!!

Thanks,
                Dave

Comment

Damn! That thing looks like the one I designed using rods on the pincups to tip into place, except my pinsetter has a motor to lower and raise the deck, I wonder how much he wants for one of those.
                  Nate Jackson

Comment

cool, send some pics of your setter when you get a chance, would love to see how you designed yours? do your cups tilt, and how do they release and get back to original positions?
                    --- SteveJT66

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I would like to dust it off and revisit this style pinsetter. I'm in the middle of my mini lane build and the next step is masking unit/pinsetter. I have had many ideas and approaches to this. I have come across this video of YouTube as well where these guys built a B1, B2, B10 style pinsetter and fell in love with the functionality it provides. Some of my favorite features include a handle to pull down and set the pins. This will make it easier for anyone to be the pinsetter. Another feature I love is if there are pins left standing, you don't need to clear them from the pin deck. This would speed up the operation and game play. So after alot of research and figuring out materials that can be used and alot of mach up testing, I feel that I am finally on the right track to complete this style of pinsetter. I will be making a video here soon to post my progress but for now here are some pictures I'd like to share.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Comment

Not finished yet, but made some really good progress.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a video

https://youtu.be/XjqvJU9qK7E

Comment

Learned something on this video. Always thought the Brunswick manual pinsetters made a horizontal move to release pins. Now I see it's actually vertical. Never really paid attention to them that closely. Going to have to find the videos I've seen of them in action. Great job on the machine so far.

Comment

• Minibowler
                                Minibowler commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yea, it took me awhile to understand what was happening too. All the videos and pictures of these things in action are pretty poor quality and without having access to one in person, had to really pay attention. So the full scaled pinsetter have 3 layers of framing. I condensed mine down to two. I'm going to attach 2 air cylinders (not going to be hooked up to air supply) to the upper deck, that will be the main lowering and positioning system for the whole setter. The lower deck will be attached to a lawn mower handle and will be how the setter is actually pushed down and up. I'm going to attach springs and gas struts to the handle to keep tension upwards. The 2 decks have bolts with springs that keep tension on the lower to stay with the upper deck. Once the upper frame cylinders travel to their max extended position, the handle will then be able to extend further pushing down the lower deck. I didnt want it to touch the lane at all like the full scale versions. Im planning on the lower only being about 2 inches from the pin deck when fully extended. Seems to work the best from all of my testing for setting the pins. I found that the pins bouncing on the lane once they drop through the tubes is better to set them correctly in the center of the tubes. Other heights the pins would land crooked and be off a bit. I'm sure I will have to put guides for the 2 decks to keep them aligned so there won't be any malfunctions, not there yet but already
                                planning on having to over come that issue. So far I'm really happy with the way it's working. I cant wait to get this thing done already. I'm ready to play. I've been so busy with work, family, house projects, and business, so just trying to find the extra time to work on it wherever I can.

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse