Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another mini lane

Has anyone seen this video before? They have mini pins with crowns and Brunswick logos!

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

I've seen that! I wanted to know how they got the logos on.

Comment

Love the Brunswick style pins. Love the AMF "magic triangle" Wonder if we can get him to join Bowl Tech?

Comment

Sweet setup for sure. Absolutely awesome. I sure hope someone can get a hold of him and find out some info about how he did everything
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Notice the AMF pins in the pit when you can pause the video and see them......Yeah, don't know how he got the Brunswick pins!! Pretty cool....How did you find that video?
          --- SteveJT66

82/70's,kickers,Kegel Kustodian

Comment

I was searching youtube for mini lanes when I came across it. I did see the AMF pins in the box, I am assuming they are full size. I really like his gutters. I just sent him a PM on youtube inviting him to bowltech.
            If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Hopefully he will. I notice he hasn't answered some questions posted on his video and it's been a couple months. I'm curious as to how he got those pins. I couldn't find anything on google regarding mini Brunswick pins.
              --- SteveJT66

Comment

Found another pinsetter on youtube. Check out his channel, he's has some other stuff going on as well.

Comment

I stumbled across this guy's videos a while back. His use of sliding MDF sections on the deck to grip and lift standing pins was a design I thought about trying to copy -- much simpler than individual scissors -- but I worried about being able to cut the pieces precisely enough and didn't want to overcomplicate my lane too much. Of course, then I went and got the crazy idea for the magnetic switch pindication scheme. I also discovered recently that if I am feeling lazy when re-racking pins for the next frame I can pick up standing pins with my pinsetter as it is now. I just lower the deck with the sliding pin gate open, then close it and keep pressure on it while lifting the deck back up. Then all I have to do is fill the remaining empty pin chutes with dead wood from the pit and rack 'em up.

The real shame about all these videos is that many of them show such promising ingenuity and extents of progress but I don't think there's a single one that shows someone actually bowling on a minilane with their homemade fully automatic pinsetter. Is anyone close yet?

Comment

Yea, after I posted it I went through is videos again, and saw the table that was in a previous thread, don't know why I didn't see the other videos before.

I know what you mean dberber in regards to the mini pinspotters. If we take all of the partially assembled pinspotters, put them all together, we would have a fully functioning machine (set aside the scale difference 1/4, .262, 1/3, and finally 1/2 scale. I am working on the respotting cells now, those are being a big pain in the butt, especially since I don't have a CNC machine. I have a pattern cutter, but I still need to make one good scissor to put in the pattern cutter. You should see something very soon from me (I hope)

Comment

I was scrolling through youtube and I came across this video, I am assuming it is an updated version of the same machine.

Comment

Originally posted by theultimateandy View Post
                        I was scrolling through youtube and I came across this video, I am assuming it is an updated version of the same machine.

I actually think its really smart how they repurposed a ball bowler to do this. I may do the same at some point.

Hey, they're actually using OpenScore... very cool. Yeah, I remember seeing the videos where they were lathing those steel pins, very very cool. I'd hate to see how much all of those actuators cost, but a cool school project indeed!

-- Jimmy

Comment

that's totally sweet! I wish I still had my ball bowler cause I would totally do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Compy View Post
                            I actually think its really smart how they repurposed a ball bowler to do this. I may do the same at some point.

Hey, they're actually using OpenScore... very cool. Yeah, I remember seeing the videos where they were lathing those steel pins, very very cool. I'd hate to see how much all of those actuators cost, but a cool school project indeed!

-- Jimmy
                            I wonder why they went with metal pins, I would think that metal clanking around would drive me nuts, plus I am sure they probably cost a lot more than using HDPE or similar material. Nothing about their project looks inexpensive, I noticed they have some high tech equipment in the background of their video. They have some very interesting ideas here, hopefully they will post the finished product.

Jimmy, do you know how tall those pins might be? Trying to get an idea of what scale they are actually building. I wonder if they are going to link openscore with their automation for strike cycles, would be cool to see.

Comment

That is a cool project. However, I was wondering about a couple of things,... How does openscore see the pins, they are in a dark area and are not white. Also, if there is an out of range pin, when the respot cycle begins, it would slam down on top of a pin that is off spot. There seems to be no leeway for off spot pins.
                              --- SteveJT66

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X