Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts source?

Hello,
    Anyone know of a source of parts suitable for building a scale model pinsetter? Gears, chains, motors, bearings, etc.

Thanks!
    Dave

I typically use ebay to find what I need, as I often find items at a discounted price. The local mechanical supply companies in my area are pretty high priced when it comes to buying in the small quantities I need. If you get into needing specialty items like specific gears though, you can try stock drive products: http://www.sdp-si.com/. Mcmaster-Carr is another company I have bought from. They are more costly typically but have anything you would ever need to build a pinsetter: http://www.mcmaster.com/. Look around your area for metal suppliers. We have a place where I was able to get two 1/8" thick sheets of aluminum plate cut to my needed dimensions of 24" x 30" for $30. Many times these metal supply shops sell the remnants for very low cost. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the links coasterp!

Comment

In addition to what coasterp has posted, I get most of my sprockets/ chain from surplus center. I have a lot of other places that I have ordered from in the past and I will post a list in the next few weeks or so. If you need something specifically, let me know and I might be able to help.
        If it can't be fixed with a hammer, try a bowling pin! They're heavier and more surface area for whacking!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
        Working...
        X