Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball damage from string pin machine

The ball damage in these pictures was caused by a string pin machine, not in my centre thankfully.

As I haven't had the opportunity to work with that type of machine, I thought I'd put the pictures on here to see if anyone has any idea what could have caused it.

There have been several instances of similar damage to balls at the same site, but this is by far the worst.

It looks like something has been rubbing on the ball, but I'm not sure exactly how the ball return works on string pinsetters, so couldn't tell what.

Any ideas?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Yikes!

I know nothing about string pinsetters, but looking at the 3rd & 4th pics all of those pock marks look to me like damage from one or more exposed screw heads. I would start by inspecting the gutters, pin deck & tail plank.

Comment

I don't know about string machines. And no disrespect to your customer but, WHY would they keep bowling when their ball was getting damaged like that? (RE: the dozens of smaller marks)

That being said, those smaller marks kind of remind me of what happens when a rear filler plate screw is sticking out in a kicker ball return. But its been many years since I've worked on those.

The catastrophic damage is very strange. Is it melted? And why does it look like there are impact chip outs within that area? Never seen anything like that before.
      9th Amendment!

Comment

I would look at the front ball return what ever type being used.. the large shearded off damage looks like the ball is hitting the metal side plate at the front return. it could be an alinement issue or the track is worn out allowing the ball to hit side plate.. Later Chief

Comment

PS you should find alot of ball pieces in the area that is cousing issue.

Comment

I'll pass your suggestions on to the bowler with the ruined ball. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X