Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop shopping, advice wanted

My old Thinkpad t-43 is fried. Fan malfunctioned, crappy BIOS let the machine run until it was too late. Processor is fried, fixing it is cost prohibitive.

I use my lapper as my everyday machine. Mostly for internet, watching DVD's, audio editing with SAW, Adobe Audition, SoundForge, and the occasional image mangling with PhotoShop and GIMP.

I have no problem buying a refurbished machine.

Please respond with your suggestions.

Try ebay
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Personally I would look at a Dell refurbished machine.
      So far I have owned 4 Dell laptops and have not had a single problem with any of them. If you look on the dell site they have a place to shop for their refurbs.
      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

A refurb machine is as good as a new one, but for less money. The reason is simple. A refurb has been gone through, from top to bottom and front to back; and in some cases, the refurb is better than new. Dell, HP & Lenovo sell refurbed laptops.

Comment

I got a Toshiba note book ( NB505) from Sears. $240.00 free shipping

Comment

I got 2 from ebay.One was a compaq and the other was a thinkpad t43.Both were refurbished and had a 90 day full warranty from the ebay seller.I had zero problems with either ebay sellers laptops.
            Check the feedback from other buyers.If i could find who i got mine from i'd like to get another.
            Both were loaded with many upgrades like a dvd-r/w burner,better graphic cards etc and ran wonderful.
            I paid about $140.00 for each,or close to w/o shipping a few years back.Personally i preferred the IBM over compaq.

Comment

So, any thoughts on the Lenovo era Thinkpads? From what I've heard they're not the greatest. I love Thinkpads, but I'd also like to move into something that has a dual core processor and at least 3 or 4 gigs of RAM.

Comment

On the side I build computers for fun. I personally like ASUS laptops. The specs on this one are pretty nice. ATI graphics card. None of that INTEL graphics card BS. Here's a link to the laptop $399. A lot of power for 400 bucks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230240

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse