Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop shopping, advice wanted

My old Thinkpad t-43 is fried. Fan malfunctioned, crappy BIOS let the machine run until it was too late. Processor is fried, fixing it is cost prohibitive.

I use my lapper as my everyday machine. Mostly for internet, watching DVD's, audio editing with SAW, Adobe Audition, SoundForge, and the occasional image mangling with PhotoShop and GIMP.

I have no problem buying a refurbished machine.

Please respond with your suggestions.

Try ebay
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Personally I would look at a Dell refurbished machine.
      So far I have owned 4 Dell laptops and have not had a single problem with any of them. If you look on the dell site they have a place to shop for their refurbs.
      You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

A refurb machine is as good as a new one, but for less money. The reason is simple. A refurb has been gone through, from top to bottom and front to back; and in some cases, the refurb is better than new. Dell, HP & Lenovo sell refurbed laptops.

Comment

I got a Toshiba note book ( NB505) from Sears. $240.00 free shipping

Comment

I got 2 from ebay.One was a compaq and the other was a thinkpad t43.Both were refurbished and had a 90 day full warranty from the ebay seller.I had zero problems with either ebay sellers laptops.
            Check the feedback from other buyers.If i could find who i got mine from i'd like to get another.
            Both were loaded with many upgrades like a dvd-r/w burner,better graphic cards etc and ran wonderful.
            I paid about $140.00 for each,or close to w/o shipping a few years back.Personally i preferred the IBM over compaq.

Comment

So, any thoughts on the Lenovo era Thinkpads? From what I've heard they're not the greatest. I love Thinkpads, but I'd also like to move into something that has a dual core processor and at least 3 or 4 gigs of RAM.

Comment

On the side I build computers for fun. I personally like ASUS laptops. The specs on this one are pretty nice. ATI graphics card. None of that INTEL graphics card BS. Here's a link to the laptop $399. A lot of power for 400 bucks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230240

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Table cutting off before the end of the cycle

I have one lane that has been giving me trouble lately. It used to be every once in awhile but now it is happening every cycle. Start 1st ball cycle, sweep drops does the usual...

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...

Roller Clutch issue

Has anyone had to remove the plastic ring in the back side of the plate in order to achieve good indexing? I now have 2 roller clutches without the backing rings in service. Either...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X