Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe POS Display

Since Comscore doesn't have anything available to do this yet, I put together this is an Access database to help the Cafe staff stay organized during those busy times.

When an order that contains "Hot Food" orders, or those processed in the back are of the Cafe (pre-defined by an ignore list), the database plays a boxing bell sound and displays the order on the display monitors.

As time ticks by, the database watches the elapsed time and will play a "Red Alert" sound once the order duration reaches the 10min mark. If the order remains pending longer than 20min an air raid siren will play.

The user can navigate the orders by means of the blue keys and mark or un-mark completed orders with the green key. When marked, you have the option to print the food docket to place next to the order for the front Cafe staff to use to sort the orders and get the drinks, etc. to place with them. The purple and red keys scroll the orders through the window displays (the same concept as the programs used by Maccas, Gloria Jean's, etc.). There's also instant messages and scheduled messages that pop-up to communicate to the cafe staff when needed. I'll snap some pics of that later.

The auxiliary display opposite (and clear of) the fryer area.

The customized numeric keypad used to process orders. The unused buttons are held down and disabled, and the others were coated with coloured plugging.

Last edited by Kanga (James); 06-29-2012, 07:07 AM.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

That's awesome man! nice use of the logitec keypad my questions are:

How does the order end up on the screen? I'm guessing each order is an entry in the DB either created by scanning a receipt or pulling from buttons pushed at the register and the options are predefined so they could be picked out of a drop down menu or something?

how did you map the inputs from the pad?
    When you know what to do, everything is easy.

Comment

Thanks Grit

The database checks the "POS.dbf" file on the network drive that Comscore uses to store the transactions for the current shift. Every 10 seconds the database counts the POS records entered via the comscore Cafe POS software; if there is an additional transaction, it copies the POS information and stores it locally and checks the POS item numbers against an ignore list. If there is a hot food item in the transaction it will show the whole transaction on display window. Otherwise if there isn't any hot food, it will do nothing and skip that transaction.

The Keypad operates the database by select case key codes via the main form "KeyDown" event. You could use any keyboard really, you just need to suppress the other key code events.
      Last edited by Kanga (James); 06-28-2012, 10:38 AM.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X