Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Height Gauge

I remember hearing that field techs use to have these back in the day. I had the specs. so I decided to model and print three (one for each corner.) You can use the 3 inch length of the gauge to check for spread spotting fingers. I can't recall what the 1 inch height is for though.

This was printed with PETG which is why there is some slight stringing in the text.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5031533
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

It is kind of funny that when you read the Brunswick manual you get a number of different deck heights. One states 7/8", if you have the factory yoke it states 15/16" plus or minus 1/32". If you have the Link it states 1" plus or minus 1/32". I set mine to 1" as I had mostly Jets with the link and they set very well at that height. Making sure the deck was perfectly level was the key here. And it had to be rechecked after lane sanding, oh am I dating myself, I doubt that the plastic lanes and phenolic decks are sanded much LOL. Here is a gauge set I made up using 1/16" aluminum strips for doing most other adjustments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustment Gauge C.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1111299

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.4.7.134
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Same here. We have Jet backs and I set them to 1". If all the spotting fingers are good you get a really pleasing pin placement.
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

1/32 of tolerance disappeared on the pinspotting adjustment 65 years ago if it ever existed.
        No two pinspotting cycles will produce the exact same pin placement for all 10 pins. It's akin to winning the lotto major prize 2 weeks in a row.

Comment

I still see a few around: Deck Eccentric Adjustment calls for 1/32"
          RAKE SWEEP SHAFT & RAKE TRIP SHAFT (SHOTGUN) ADJUSTMENT calls for 1/32" bearing to notch
          Moving Deck Cable calls for 3/16" at stop pin with Minimum of 1/32"

Rake Sweep Stop calls for 1/16" but I recommend 1/32"
          Rake sweep height calls for 5/8" with bottom of rake board parallel to lane within 1/32"
          These were from Brunswick Manual 12-900900-000 July 1963, I was 22 then LOL not really, I was 12,
          and 12-752828 January 1988 The only one that is different in the newer manual is the Deck Cable Adjustment.

James my Green Monsters had all Steel Fingers and the decks from the 3000 Serial #s were thicker than the newer machines. Just one more reason to keep the Jam Switches in perfect working order. Never broke a deck or finger but I have sprained an ankle.

Comment

Greenies were awesome when it came to durability. I have worked on a few of them over the years.
            Mike Wilson
            Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Magnetic clutch calls for a 1/32 gap to. Have never measured it.
              Failed to mention in my previous post that the gauge is a great idea. Any tool that makes the job easier, is a great addition to the toolbox.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
                I still see a few around: Deck Eccentric Adjustment calls for 1/32"
                RAKE SWEEP SHAFT & RAKE TRIP SHAFT (SHOTGUN) ADJUSTMENT calls for 1/32" bearing to notch
                Moving Deck Cable calls for 3/16" at stop pin with Minimum of 1/32"

Rake Sweep Stop calls for 1/16" but I recommend 1/32"
                Rake sweep height calls for 5/8" with bottom of rake board parallel to lane within 1/32"
                These were from Brunswick Manual 12-900900-000 July 1963, I was 22 then LOL not really, I was 12,
                and 12-752828 January 1988 The only one that is different in the newer manual is the Deck Cable Adjustment.

James my Green Monsters had all Steel Fingers and the decks from the 3000 Serial #s were thicker than the newer machines. Just one more reason to keep the Jam Switches in perfect working order. Never broke a deck or finger but I have sprained an ankle.
                I believe Headpin is referring more to the tolerance of the measurements.

We have some greens here. Plenty of soon to be sharp fingers as well. They may not break, but they do bend over the years. I've replaced a few to correct individual pin spotting.

We also do regular tests on the jam switches. You want to especially if you have the older harder shifting MD/S cam. We also have the DJ protection kits in all centres.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

My next print might be a replica of the "Deck Pin Gauge" to replace my hand made one.
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I still use the turret clutch bolt.
                    Head of the bolt is close enough to 1" for me.
                    Machines here like 1" to slightly less than 1".
                    Never really measured, just used the bolt head.

Comment

This is a handy tool to have when spotting pins. 3 would be even better but they only let me buy one so I had to keep moving it from the 1 - 7 - 10 pin spots.

Name:	Pin Gauge 1 C.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1111382 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pin Gauge 2 C.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1111384 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pin Gauge 3 C.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1111383

Also an excerpt from the Cert Manual on proper spotting requirements.

Pin Spotting 2.pdf Click image for larger version

Name:	Pin Spotting.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1111376

I posted the following before: Still having a little trouble getting good spots LOL

Name:	Rack 1 C.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1111377 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack 2 C.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1111378 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack 5 C.jpg
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1111379 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack 4 C.jpg
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1111380 Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack 3 C.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1111381

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 4.4.7.134

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X