Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possesed Pinsetter

Everyone has a pinsetter that they swear is possessed. You know the pinsetter that breaks down again as soon as you fix ti and the strangest thigns seems to break and the always always seems to break down when the time is not right. I swear there is some sort of pinsetter ghost that loves to give us trouble LOL.

Re: Possesed Pinsetter

This thread will be amusing, to say the least...

When I bought this center, was cleaning out the office. Previous owner had died 10 years prior (fell off scaffold working on his chimney at home). While cleaning, found an american flag, folded in the traditional tri-corner of a military or fraternal funeral. Contacted the widow, who I bought the house from, she said to do whatever I wanted to with it.

I decided to put it on a small ledge behind the front desk, basically the windowsill to the office, where "george" could have a good view of what was going on. I'd like to think that at the time, our maintenance was starting to show, as things started to run better. No big deal....

One thursday, fired them up for the league, we'd been running quite well. Didn't get through practice before things went to hell, had to have 30+ calls for shift, which in a 16 laner, isn't good at all. "B" comes up from the back, i say "what the hell happened???" He's clueless, we look around ... where the H%^& is the flag???

It's already an essay, but new desk person decided to put the flag in a cupboard behind the desk, george was pissed off that he couldn't see. Returned flag to normal place, didn't touch any of the machines, ran a 0 call shift the next night.

And this, gentlemen, is absolutely the gospel truth, every bit of it.

Anyone else have some good ones???

Kevin

Comment

At a house in Charlotte I worked at I was told that they once had the old 82-30s there before they expanded the place and that in one of the lanes the mechanic was killed while under the machine (damn cups) but anyway on that certian lane sometimes it would be the only one to get a call all night. and I have seen a pin jump out of it as someone just walked by it...while off...explaine that to me.. and at the house Im at now I hear all the time people walking on the caps and gutters I look up and nobody there..oh well

Comment

this will be a good topic, at the center that i work at now, there is a rumor that a head mechanic was killed while working on a pinsetter at the high end of the house. well, we have a 24 lane center and for some reason lane 18 will just turn itself on and cycle then shut off. we've been through everything electrical that it could be. ghost?? and some nights when its really quiet you can hear footsteps in the attic.

[This message has been edited by wolfman (edited 12-06-2000).]

Comment

i have found if you talk to the machines they usually run better. i know it doesnt make sense but it works. of course the hard work and regular mantinence helps but if your nice to them theyll be nice to you.

Comment

ld...what do you do if they answer you back...
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

ld.... way off.... if you walk out the door backwards you confuse the hell out of them!!!!!
              Ed

------------------
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Worked at a 24 laner and all seemed fine,just doing my thing as usual like counter,backend,bar..the usual.,came time to close up and i checked the building as normal then locked up.I decide to stay longer to get ahead of a few things and was at the counter and i heard....CLANG..CLANG!!I looked up twords pinsetters(lane lights we're out,backend lights i had on)and i saw (or thought)a shadow behing the machines like someone walking there!The hair on my arms stood straight up(not good feeling)and i know i saw the shadow go past at least 3-4 lanes by looking between kickbacks soooo....i get on the P.A.and say hey john what ya doing(john the chasers name)and no answer so i go in back to look,nothing there!Looked in all 24 pits for pins that may have fallen out of pinwheels but NO pins anywhere not even on the pit boards just me and an empty building?Turns out it's happened before..ALOT.Odd things happened in back,glasses in the bar sounding like someones making a toast to someone,shadows etc.Was told an old man who loved bowling died there on the approach one night,we all just guessed he loved bowling he decided to stay and never leave!I kept on working late nights BUT...always said hello over the P.A. and never had anymore noises for the 2+ years i was there! Kinda odd if ya ask me!! Creepy!! Oh ya...the place i'm at now....i tell my machines to behave themselves and they do except on weekends when i'm not there!I think a pinsetter is like a plant...talk to it(with nobody looking)and it will be fine! Hmmmm.

Comment

Yes My center is haunted. The desk person who closes frequently sees someone walking aroumd in the backend. Several janitors have quit because of the ghosts. One janitor said that of the three ghosts in the bar one was really mad at her. Yea it's interesting here. Okay I don't believe it but. It was halloween night and the machines were really doing bad all night. A Friday night at that, had a large amount of calls. Well moonlight started at midnight and not a single call after that. Jacks

Comment

There was a center that closed several years ago. It was 26 lane cneter that was close shortlly after the shift manger was robbed and shot and killed at 3:00 am (24 hour center). The building is know a ballroom. Several employes of the ball room have reportted hearing noises such as pins clattering and pins claterign on ball wheels (Brunswick As). even fidning thigns such a bar glasses arranged in 10 pin formations. Yikes. I gues each centrer has a soul that neve goes away. Do you any of yall ever feel that way?

Comment

wow you guys have alot of excitment at your pleces , i never get anything like that and i work alot of wee hours.every so often the cops pay a visit thuogh!!

Comment

Here's one for ya. About 5 years ago a good friend of mine was bowling in his league at a center that was on the third floor. He decided to run downstairs in the middle of league to get his cigars out of his car. Got back to his pair, took his turn and had a heart attack on the approach and died. The spooky thing is the next morning when the desk person turned everything on the lanes my friend was bowling on the night before displayed Mike (his name) on both upper monitors. WOOOOOOOOO spooky.

Comment

WOW! You guys are really making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I KNEW I shouldn't have watched The Blair Witch Project for the first time today!!!

Bruce
                          Capiset Consulting

Comment

one of the janitor that used to work here years ago was living in the attic
                            "if it's broke , it can be fixed"

Comment

interesting stories, but just by the "blair witch project" you KNOW its old.....

we supposedly have a ghost here of a former mechanic. we are a 32 lane center that was expanded. all our machines had lives elsewhere, none of them new. 16 from one place, 8 from another and the other 8 from yet another place. the 8 lanes, 17-24 are haunted, the center they are from lost a mechanic to one of them.
                              fix one thing, another goes wrong. tighten a bolt it comes loose, add loctite it still comes loose.

one of the front staff who's been here longer than me told me of a sighting of a man wearing coveralls climbing into the pit from the rear on one of the setters while putting empty kegs back here. he says he went and looked but saw nobody. he said the guy went in around lane 20, which made sense to me, 20 has always been the worst of the group......

BTW, since i expect somebody to say it, im gonna say it 1st. i keep telling them to keep the empty kegs and bring me the full ones, they wont listen.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse