X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PinClaw

Introducing...... {drum roll here}
    THE PINCLAW

Click image for larger version  Name:	thread12.png Views:	6 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	1100549Click image for larger version  Name:	thead13.png Views:	3 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	1100550

In this video, I was still finding the best shape for the 'Claw'. Notice the flat fingers? It dropped pins. The pictures show the final design, the 'Stranglehold'. Now I can pick up and hold pins upside-down.

You will need to be creative with what you have. Pictured here are the simplest of materials that can be found in most of our scrap buckets.

-1" conduit, to suit the length you desire. Mine is 6 foot.
    -1 'T' bracket
    -A good bit of cable to run up the center
    -Some flat stock. Mine is made from an old file-folder-holder, like in an old desk.
    -Heat-shrink tubing to protect the pins. (and aids in 'getting a grip')
    - baby spring, origins... unknown.
    -1 broken, bent, or otherwise junk 070-006-051 (Brunswick guys, you're on your own here. )
    - little fiddly bits to bodge it all together.

We'll call this one version 1.1

There is no licence fee (if you start makin' 1000's of them, $1 each please ).

PinCup's gift to you.
    Please post your version of 'The PinClaw'

*Goals ver 1.2*
    } rugged! I used the crap outa mine. Top-knots in my cable coming loose.
    } fast to retrieve pins
    } dexterity in spotting/gripping pins
    } good reach
    } light weight
    } speeds up 'stop recovery time'
    Let's see what you come up with.

Ready?...... GO!
    PinCup.
    We leave our greatest mark on this earth with the quality of our craftsmanship.

Originally posted by PinCup View Post

*Goals ver 1.2*
    } rugged! I used the crap outa mine. Top-knots in my cable coming loose.
    } fast to retrieve pins
    } dexterity in spotting/gripping pins
    } good reach
    } light weight
    } speeds up 'stop recovery time'

} ability to lock shut

(mine is squeeze to close)
    PC
    Last edited by PinCup; 05-24-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

That's brilliant, beats my broom stick with a curved hook on the end LOL
        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

No offence PC, but I work my ass off to not have to use that type of equipment. If needed the solid u shaped hook works ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
            No offence PC,

None taken Mike, OOR and Deadwood just happen.
            We still run table wires here in Wilsonville, so a broken wire can cause re-spots.

I'm a work smarter not harder, kinda guy. And....., being the B mechanic is boring as HELL!!!

Looking through the scrap bucket I thought to myself,...
            PC,.... You could do something cool with that junk.
            And of course, I have to challenge y'all to come up with a better one.

PinCup
            Last edited by PinCup; 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

PC , I still run cell wires also. I have a wire connection up by the wireway where the cell wires enter that is hooked to a wire and ground. When I have a broken wire or something funky, just plug it in until the issue is solved. The good thing is my Mendes cycles the mach. if there is a new bowler up and not ten pins on the deck. So the bowlers don't have to touch anything, just wait for the extra table cycle. Works good without a chaser, when the girls are running things.

Comment

None taken Mike, OOR and Deadwood just happen.
                We still run table wires here in Wilsonville, so a broken wire can cause re-spots.

I'm a work smarter not harder, kinda guy. And....., being the B mechanic is boring as HELL!!!

Looking through the scrap bucket I thought to myself,...
                PC,.... You could do something cool with that junk.
                And of course, I have to challenge y'all to come up with a better one.

PinCup
                B mechanic, cell wires? Wow, we have so much in common!...lol

It's too bad you can't use smilies or avatars or pics for signatures on here, cuz what you put up for your post was perfect!

---yup

Comment

doesn't run in my family.... it Gallops!!!!

PC

Comment

doesn't run in my family.... it Gallops!!!!

PC

And I kick your butt at PinPong and Badminton too!

Supwitdat,

Dats jut me,
                    PC

Comment

Pop Pop! Where's the bubble wrap?

PC

Comment

Unless this is a standard AMF given tool..probably not... This is ours
                        Attached Files

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X